Understanding your child's NWEA Report
How can I use this information to help my child? Talk to your child's teacher. Here are some questions that you can ask:
- Do the NWEA/MAP Growth scores affirm or challenge the teacher's observations and assessment of my child?
- What types of strategies are the teachers using that I may be able to reinfore at home?
- Does my child need extra help in any specific areas?
- How can I help my child's academic growth from home?
- How do you measure my child's learning in your classroom?
- When will my child's progress be measured again, and when can I get an update on my child's academic growth?
- How is my child doing in comparison to grade-level expectations?
- What will my child be working on to oncinue growing or to grow towards a mastery of grade-level standards?
We welcome additional questions regarding your child’s progress. Please contact the following individuals with your comments and concerns:
For help with:
Your child’s teacher
Your child’s learning profile and specific strengths/concerns in the classroom.
Your child’s principal
Munsey Park: Mr. Chad Altman
Shelter Rock: Mr. Rich Roder
Testing administration questions. General concerns.
Mr. Adam Kuranishi
Administrator of Assessment and Data Analysis
Interpretation of test reports or testing administration inquiries.
Dr. Rebecca Chowske
District Coordinator of English Language Arts and Reading
Questions about the ELA program or specific skill concerns.
Ms. Lauren Tallarine
District Coordinator of Mathematics and Business
Questions about the math program or specific skill concerns.
Dr. Gaurav Passi
Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction