FAMILY ID INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
The Manhasset Secondary School Athletic Department utilizes online athletic registration through Family ID (www.familyid.com). Online athletic registration for all athletic seasons opens thirty (30) days prior to the first day of each season’s start date and closes 4 days before the season’s start date. Paper registration will no longer be accepted.
Family ID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for athletics, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through Family ID, the system keeps track of your information in your Family ID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member.
At the time of registration, you must provide a current physical. Please upload the physical form to your FamilyID account or mail, fax (516-267-7524) or bring a copy to the Health office. Physicals expire 12 months after the date of health exam. No athlete will be permitted to play or try out with an expired physical. A parent /guardian can register their student-athlete(s) by clicking the Athletic Registration tab on the Manhasset athletic website. The registration portal will open 30 days prior to the first day of each season’s start date and close 4 days before the season’s start date.
Season Start Dates for High School FALL Sports:
8/22/22 – Football (Family ID opens 7/22/22)
8/29/22 – Cheer, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Boys Volleyball, Girls Volleyball, Field Hockey, Boys Cross Country, Girls Cross Country, Girls Swimming/Diving, Boys Badminton, Girls Tennis, Boys Crew, Girls Crew (Family ID opens 7/29/22)
Season Start Date for Middle School FALL Sports:
9/6/22 – Football 8, Football 7, Boys Soccer 8, Boys Soccer 7, Girls Soccer 8, Girls Soccer 7, Boys Cross Country 7 and 8, Girls Cross Country 7 and 8, Field Hockey 8, Field Hockey 7, Girls Tennis 7 and 8, Girls Swimming 7 and 8, Crew Grade 8 Boys and Grade 8 Girls. (Family ID opens 8/6/22)
Season Start Dates for High School WINTER Sports:
11/14/22 – Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Boys Fencing, Girls Fencing, Wrestling, Competitive Cheer, Boys Swimming and Diving, Boys Winter Track, Girls Winter Track, Boys Bowling, Girls Bowling (Family ID opens 10/14/22)
Season Start Date for Middle School WINTER I Sports:
11/7/22 – Boys Basketball 8, Boys Basketball 7, Boys Swimming 7 and 8, Boys Winter Track 7 and 8, Girls Volleyball 8, Girls Volleyball 7, Girls Winter Track 7 and 8 (Family ID opens 10/7/22)
Season Start Date for Middle School WINTER II Sports:
1/17/23 – Wrestling 7 and 8, Girls Basketball 8, Girls Basketball 7 (Family ID opens 12/17/22)
Season Start Dates for High School SPRING Sports:
3/13/23 – Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Baseball, Softball, Boys Track and Field, Girls Track and Field, Boys Crew, Girls Crew (Family ID opens 2/13/23)
3/20/23 – Boys Tennis, Boys Golf, Girls Golf, Girls Badminton (Family ID opens 2/20/23)
Season Start Date for Middle School SPRING Sports:
3/27/23 – Boys Lacrosse 8, Boys Lacrosse 7, Girls Lacrosse 8, Girls Lacrosse 7, Baseball 8, Baseball 7, Softball 7 and 8, Boys Track and Field 7 and 8, Girls Track and Field 7 and 8, Boys Tennis 7 and 8, Boys Crew 8, Girls Crew 8 (Family ID opens 2/27/23)
Follow these steps: (An account can be created at any time; See # 3 below)
1. To find your program, visit Manhasset Secondary School Home Page, then, ATHLETICS, then, ATHLETE REGISTRATION or the REGISTER NOW button.
2. Next, click on the Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log in green buttons. If this is your first time using Family ID, click Create Account. Click log in, if you already have a Family ID account.
3. Create your secure Family ID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), e-mail address and password. Select I agree to the Family ID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
4. You will receive an e-mail with a link to activate your new account. If you don’t see the e-mail check your e-mail filters -spam, junk, etc.
5. Click on the link in your activation e-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com.
6. Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
7. Click the Save and Continue button when your form is complete. REVIEW your registration summary.
8. Click the green Submit button. After selecting “Submit” the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion e-mail from Family ID confirming your registration. (An account can be created at any time; See # 3 (above)
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s) To view a completed registration, select the “Registration” tab on the blue bar. If you need assistance with registration, contact Family ID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-800- 5583 ext. 1. Support is 7 days/week and messages are returned promptly.
You may use the information you submitted in previous seasons to save time with future registrations. Please use the following steps:
1) Click on the Current Season registration form on your school's FamilyID Landing page. https://www.familyid.com/manhasset-athletics.
2) Log in using the e-mail address and password you created previously (do not create a new account)
3) Choose the sport.
4) Click on “Add Participant Below or Click to Select" and pick your child's name.
5) Update health and demographic information, if necessary.
6) Sign-off on seasonal agreements.
7) Save and Submit