(Elements and Principles of Design)
In the style of Chagall- watercolors
Perspective- color pencils
A study of Impressionism
A study of Paul Cezanne
Myths and Legends
Fifth Grade- Main Projects for 2013-2014
Project 1- Chagall- I and My Village
- Artist Study- Surrealism vs. abstract design
- Compare and Contrast prior knowledge of Picasso's cubism
- shape and space-breaking down the picture plane
Project 2- In the style of Wassily Kandinsky
- Non-Objective art- art for art's sake
- color theory
Project 3- Portraits
- Sight to size technique
- Review of facial feature placements
- focus on details for eyes, lid, eyelashes
Project 4- Introduction of Contest and exhibit for Ancient Chinese Legends and Myths.
- Discuss legends and myths and that students must come up with their own interpretations. Discuss materials students can use from the art room, timeline of what is to be completed both in art and at home.
Project 5 & 6- 'Pigs' on Parade- based on 'Cows on Parade' in New York City.
- Students research an artist style and create a design depicting that style.
- Students create a clay pig using the pinch pot method and after its fired once, they glaze their design onto the pig.
- While it is firing for a second time, after its glazed, students will write three facts about the artist they chose.
Project 7- Reptile Relief
- Abstract Design
- Non-objective- recall Kandinsky
- Line/ Shape
Project 8- Large Scale Drawings
Analyze works by Georgia O'Keefe
- Explore pastel techniques