This honor society exists to promote the study of and appreciation for the sciences as well as to recognize those students who excel in Manhasset's science programs. As a chapter of the New York State Science Honor Society, we adhere to the constitution posted at the bottom of this page.
Canvas Page for Current Members
Science Honor Society Application
The Science Honor Society implements an activity based point system for its members. You can view details about this here: Point System
Students who participate in any opportunities labeled Volunteer will also be awarded community service hours for their time.
Last year, members of the Science Honor Society taught lessons to the middle school science classes and demonstrated various physics concepts. We look forward to having this opportunity again this year and more!
Extended purpose (from the Constitution of the NYSSHS):
1. To provide recognition of achievement in the study and practice of science at all levels.
2. To enhance knowledge and understanding of science among all levels of science students, by promoting scholarship and enjoyment through activities at various appropriate levels.
3. To create enthusiasm for scholarship , strengthen skills, promote leadership and develop character.
4. To foster collegiality, as well as develop maturity and independence, by providing students the opportunity to come together with common purposes: a commitment to service and a dedication to excellence.
5. To stimulate the desire to render service within the science department, school and community.
6. To encourage students to seek science and technology-related careers.
7. To encourage talented science students to help other students develop an interest and achievement in science.
8. To encourage and support the development of local Society chapters.