Friday, October 30, 2020
- Pink Out is coming! Join the National Honor Society for the 6th annual PINK OUT today, October 30th. Wear some pink and buy a mask to support the Manhasset Women's Coalition Against Breast Cancer. Masks are being sold for a donation of $5.00. Bring exact change to make your purchase, and let's Pink Out the school!
- Attention All Juniors/Seniors: This afternoon we have two virtual college visits, they are: Stevens Institute of Technology @ 4:00pm & High Point University @ 5:15pm. Go to the Counseling website (our school homepage, Academics, Counseling) Click on College/University Virtual Representative Visits and you will find a list of schools by date. Click on the school you are interested in for information. Be sure to check in advance as some schools require registering before they will give you access to their Zoom link.
- Calling all scientists: The Science Honor Society is now accepting Junior & Senior applicants. Please look for our flyer and click on the QR code to apply. Applications are due by November 1st. All current members please look for our flyers and click on the QR code to join our page.
- Attention MS/HS students: The 1680 Club is back! Their first meeting is on Monday, November 2nd at 3:30pm via Zoom. The discussion will be whether or not Manhasset should continue to use the term "Indian" in its sports teams. Please join them for an enlightening and respectful discussion. The join code for the meeting is available on the Manhasset 1680 Club's website, and can also be found on the posters throughout the school. Any questions, please email Mr. Berman at Jeremy_berman@manhassetschools.org.
- The Photography Club will have their first meeting on Wednesday, November 4th at 4:15pm via Zoom. If you are interested in joining, please email Mrs. Macumber at Danielle_Macumber@manhassetschools.org.
- Attention 10th - 12th grade students: The deadline for joining The Art Honor Society has been extended to Friday, November 6th. Please email Mrs. Macumber if you have any questions - Danielle_Macumber@manhassetschools.org
- Attention 11th & 12th grade students: If you're interested in joining the Social Studies Honor Society, applications are now available on their website and google classroom page. The join code for their google classroom page is on their website as well and can also be found on posters throughout the school. The application must be submitted on their google classroom page and the deadline is Monday, November 9th at 11:59pm. Any questions, please contact Mr. Berman or Mrs. O'Malia.
Interested in building healthy relationships? Then come to the first meeting of TEENS RESPECT TEENS, a club that promotes healthy relationships by spreading awareness about sexual assault and (teen) dating violence
When? Tuesday, November 10th at 3:45pm
Where? On Zoom! Use the following link to access our Canvas page: https://manhasset.instructure.com/enroll/G4Y334. You can also scan the QR code on any of our fliers in the hallway. The Zoom link will be posted on our homepage!
Questions? Contact Mrs. Schuellein
Want to perform at the first PoCoHo of the year? Please use the following link to access our Canvas page: https://manhasset.instructure.com/enroll/FGD6TB. You can also scan the PoCoHo QR code on any of the fliers throughout the hallway. Please submit your poem or song lyrics to the Canvas page by Monday, November 16th.
When is the PoCoHo? Tuesday, November 17th at 7:00pm
Where? On Zoom!
Performers can access our Zoom link on event night through Canvas.
- Do you believe that all people no matter their gender identity should have equal rights? Then the Feminism Club is for you! Please look for our flyers around school and scan our QR code to get more information on how to join us to help spread awareness.
- Attention MS/HS Writers: Please consider submitting to the many writing contests posted on their Canvas page. The QR code is on all of the flyers in the hallways and English classrooms. Just scan and let the writing begin.
- Attention HS students: If you are interested in joining the bowling team this winter, please scan the QR code on the flyers which you will find throughout the hallways. You may also stop by the Athletic Office for more information.
- Indian Ink, Manhasset's online school newspaper, is back for the 2020-2021 school year! Be sure to download the free app, "Student News Source" for your Android or I-Phone, or go to indianinkonline.com. New and current members can scan the QR code found on the posters throughout the school to join their Canvas page, or contact Mr. McDonough at firstname.lastname@example.org.