2018-19 District Priorities
- Strengthen social and emotional systems and supports
- Strengthen academic system and supports
- Develop, implement, and communicate a clear and compelling district wide vision and plan
- Promote consistent best practices across buildings, grade levels, and departments
2018-19 District Goals
- To conduct a comprehensive review and analysis of the current Secondary School grading practices to ensure consistent practice within departments.
- Revise and update the District’s Mission Statement consistent with the District’s core values and diverse perspectives and communicate and demonstrate same.
- To create and implement one standard IST Form, institute a consistent IST process, and implement consistent Response to Intervention (RtI) practices across the elementary schools in compliance with NYS guidelines for RTI.
- Strengthen the social and emotional support systems by identifying and monitoring “at risk” students through a PBIS framework.
- To carry out a research-based examination of our elementary acceleration and enrichment practices in an effort to recommend alternatives to the ability-grouping/differentiated model currently in place.
- To design a transition program that provides rising seventh graders with the academic, social and emotional resources that will increase their ability to be successful middle school students. Additionally, it will provide parents with resources that will support their children during the transition.
- Assessing and redesigning existing building space in order to meet curricula & programmatic needs & SEL needs of students