MANHASSET UFSD ATHLETICSJames Amen, District DirectorPhysical Education, Interscholastic Athletics and Health Services200 Memorial Place, Manhasset NY 11030516-267-7551Dear Parents:
Athletics is an integral part of your child’s education. Manhasset offers many athletic activities that your child can attempt to participate in. In almost all cases students try out for the sport of their choice but there may be eliminations based mostly on levels of skill.
The High School has three sport seasons (fall, Winter & Spring) while the Middle School has four sport seasons (fall, winter 1, winter 2, and spring). Please see "Section VIII Sports Seasons 2018-2019" page on the left for sport offerings and season dates.
It is strongly encouraged that your child participate at their level of competition. This is why we have Middle School Sports and High School Sports. Although any 7-12 student may try out for a high school sport the process for a student who is in 7th or 8th grade to “play-up” is called the Athletic Placement Policy”. This policy is governed by the New York State Education Department. Please see "Useful Docs/Info" on the right for further information on this policy.
In addition and most importantly your child must complete medical forms to participate in athletics at Manhasset.
Manhasset School District will now have the Health Forms and Sport Forms for the 2018-2019 school year on the Manhasset website www.manhassetschools.org.
Please download the following forms that are required for your child to participate in sports for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
- Health Appraisal performed after 5/31/18 for interscholastic sports. This form only needs to be submitted once a year (Form A)
- Sports Information form outlining dates and deadline of Sport Seasons for submission of forms. THIS MUST BE ADHERED TO IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE ON TIME
- Health History Form for Secondary School students who only participate in sports. This form needs to be submitted before each sport season (Form B & C )
- Health Appraisal form state mandated for grades K, 1,3,5,7,9,11
- Summary of Health Services
The Health Office will also have hard copies of these forms.
District Director of Physical Education, Interscholastic Athletics
and Health Services