Manhasset Public Schools
Voter Registration Information
ALL VOTING WILL BE DONE BY MAIL
VOTE DATE CHANGE TO JUNE 16
On Sunday, June 7, Gov. Cuomo issued an executive order regarding the upcoming school district budget vote, modifying:
"Sections 2018-a and 2018-b of the Education Law, to the extent necessary to allow any absentee ballot for an election held on June 9, 2020 and received by mail in the office of the clerk of the school district or designee of the trustees or school board not later than June 16, 2020 to be canvassed for such election. No ballots for such election shall be accepted by the clerk of the school district or designee of the trustees or school board after 5 p.m. on June 9, 2020 except those received by mail in accordance with this provision. Any receptacle used for hand delivery of absentee ballots in such election shall be closed and removed at 5 p.m. on June 9, 2020; The ballots therein shall remain unopened pending delivery of mailed ballots, and shall be removed and canvassed after 5 p.m. on June 16, 2020;"
Therefore, hand delivered ballots must still be received by June 9th at 5 pm and mailed absentee ballots must be delivered to the District by the United States Postal Service by June 16th for such ballots to be canvassed. Ballots will be counted on June 16th beginning at 5 p.m.
Every Registered voter will receive a ballot in the mail with a postage-paid return envelope.
Ballots may be hand delivered to the security guard at the security check point at the Secondary School from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hand delivered ballots will be accepted through and including Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 5 p.m. A ballot lock box will be placed with the security guard for the express purposed of receiving hand delivered ballots.
You are a registered voter, eligible to vote on June 16, 2020 if:
• You have previously registered and voted in a School District and/or a Public Library vote within the last four calendar years, or
• You have registered to vote with the County Board of Elections and have voted at least once in any local, state or national election within the last four calendar years, or
• You have registered as directed below.
If you are not registered to vote:
• You may register to to vote on the New York State DMV Voter Registration website by clicking here. You must register must by May 26th in order to be eligible to vote on June 16, 2020.
If you want to check the status of your voter registration:
- CLICK HERE for New York State Voter Registration Look Up
- CLICK HERE for Manhasset Residents Voter Registration Look Up
Completed ballots must be received by the District Clerk IN PERSON no later than
5 pm, Tuesday, June 9, 2020
or by mail Tuesday, June 16, 2020
Questions or more information about the
School Budget, Voter Registration:
516-267-7724 or firstname.lastname@example.org